6K video files causing crashes

TheDocAUS2

Hi

For some time, Dominion Client and Server has been crashing. The Server version less frequently than the client.

I do a lot of macro work using the Post Focus feature of a Panasonic G9. Post Focus stores data in a short 4K or 6K video. I usually choose 6K.

I am fairly sure the problem is caused by the videos, especially the 6K video format. Daminion Server will stall or crash when trying to read/index the videos. There are no problems with Daminion if the 6K videos are not being indexed.

Can I request improved compatibility for Panasonic 4K and 6K videos to be added to Daminion. I can provide sample files if needed.

Katerina

Organising the files now. It may take a little time to upload them (I have slow upload speeds).

The files are in MP4 format and I have provided a few as that seems to cause the issue. They are short MP4 files, but they do not play like normal MP4 files. This is how the Panasonic G9 stores the frames when focus stacking.

The samples are of various plants, so the names are in Latin. I will post the link once the files are uploaded. Please confirm receipt as I will then delete them off Dropbox (or give me an email address so I can send the link privately).

Katerina

Just imported the sample files on my PC with no issues, other than it being slow (much slower than jpg, raw or tiff files. I then imported a larger number of files and it got stuck after roughly 600 files. Is there way Daminion can  tell me what files it gets stuck on? So I can send those as samples?

I have seen this pattern before, but could never work on why certain files caused an issue. Pretty sure they are G9 MP4 files though, as it only happens when I add them to the file mix to be imported.