Questions: Sorting, Groups, and Tags

Jelgan

Hi,

As I've started digging into Daminion a little deeper I've found a few things I wish I could do, but can't seem to find a way to do them. I've searched the forums but the info seems to be for previous versions, if anyone could offer any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Sorting: 2 questions regarding sorting. First is there a way to set the default sorting to be something other than none? I found an old post with a link saying there was a way to do it, but the link seemed dead. Second, is there a way to sort by multiple criteria? ie Color label first and then rating?

Groups: I sometimes have multiple variations of the same photo that I put into a single group while searching/browsing. I assign any applicable tags to all files within the group so they are all available when I filter by tags, but I wish that the number showing how many items each tag applies to only referred to the group, not each individual file. Is there a setting (or more likely, a workaround) that will continue to allow all files in a group to appear for a given search criteria, but only register as one entry per group?

Tags: Is there anyway to assign tags into both a hierarchy and a (separate) group? Currently I have locations sorted geographically (which I like) but sometimes I'd also like to have a group of "favorite locations" using the existing tags if possible. I guess I'm kind of trying to tag the tags. Anyway to do this?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Jelgan said:

Hi,

As I've started digging into Daminion a little deeper I've found a few things I wish I could do, but can't seem to find a way to do them. I've searched the forums but the info seems to be for previous versions, if anyone could offer any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Sorting: 2 questions regarding sorting. First is there a way to set the default sorting to be something other than none? I found an old post with a link saying there was a way to do it, but the link seemed dead. Second, is there a way to sort by multiple criteria? ie Color label first and then rating?

Groups: I sometimes have multiple variations of the same photo that I put into a single group while searching/browsing. I assign any applicable tags to all files within the group so they are all available when I filter by tags, but I wish that the number showing how many items each tag applies to only referred to the group, not each individual file. Is there a setting (or more likely, a workaround) that will continue to allow all files in a group to appear for a given search criteria, but only register as one entry per group?

Tags: Is there anyway to assign tags into both a hierarchy and a (separate) group? Currently I have locations sorted geographically (which I like) but sometimes I'd also like to have a group of "favorite locations" using the existing tags if possible. I guess I'm kind of trying to tag the tags. Anyway to do this?

Thanks!

Hello Jelgan,

sometime ago Daria wrote a hint to save the last used sorting but I can't find it at the moment in the forum. Please try to check this setting in the Settings.XML (CTRL-F12->1.0-Settings.xml):

<setting name="RestoreSorting" serializeAs="String">
        <value>True</value>
      </setting>

You can't sort by multiple criteria.

Regarding the Tags: Why not using other tags, e.g. A Collection Tag "FavouritePlace01" and as subtags the Places you would like to assign to this main tag.

regards, Uwe

24 minutes ago, Uwe said:

sometime ago Daria wrote a hint to save the last used sorting but I can't find it at the moment in the forum. Please try to check this setting in the Settings.XML (CTRL-F12->1.0-Settings.xml):

<setting name="RestoreSorting" serializeAs="String">
        <value>True</value>
      </setting>

Hi,

Here is the link :