2099 and previous - File didn't updated

exterminador

Hi,

I'm reviewing some errors I'm having in Daminion and found in the errors.txt file there are a lot of entries with message "File didn't updated", it seems it started happening on Daminion 6, quite not sure. Any ideas?

2020-04-16 14:24:32,753 [STP SmartThreadPool Thread #2] ERROR PicaJet.Daminion.Service.Utils.SynchronizeMediaItemCommand [(null)] - mediaItemId: 1517700 filePath: '\\htpc\share\Filename.ts' exception: PicaJet.Daminion.Common.PicaJetException: Message: File didn't updated

Thanks!

Regards

Hi Daria, thanks for your response,

I actually have the option "Add video format support" enabled:

daminion.png.0840067e6e0f6bff6b25424d95dbae09.png

One strange thing, not sure if it may be affecting is if I see the preferences in the client, I see the option unchecked (it is disabled as I understand those are server side settings), could it be it?:

daminion01.png.0829fc6f3d2c49c873d29b072d5ad4ff.png

From my log files, it seems it started happening after upgrading to Daminion 6.4.0.2095 and keeps happening in 2099.

One other thing I'm having is Daminion client keeps showing all files when opening, it doesn't seem to remember the last folder I was using when closing, that's why I started looking into the log files.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Regards

Hi Nabani, 

What happens if you try to manually embed tags into the files? Is the xmp file created? When you are using the shared catalog, then the properties should be adjusted in the server panel. The "Writing metadata" properties in the client app are related to the local catalogs. 

One other thing I'm having is Daminion client keeps showing all files when opening, it doesn't seem to remember the last folder I was using when closing, that's why I started looking into the log files.

Unfortunately, this is a bug, I've registered it some time ago. 

Kind regards

Daria

On 4/27/2020 at 6:26 PM, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hi Nabani, 

What happens if you try to manually embed tags into the files? Is the xmp file created? When you are using the shared catalog, then the properties should be adjusted in the server panel. The "Writing metadata" properties in the client app are related to the local catalogs. 

Unfortunately, this is a bug, I've registered it some time ago. 

Kind regards

Daria

Thanks for following up Daria,

Yes, the xmp file is created/updated, even when not doing it manually (i.e. when changing values from the properties panel). I haven't noticed missing information in the xmp files so I'm not sure if it has an impact or it's just the message in the error log.

About the folder not being remembered issue, it happens only in one computer, it started happening after reinstalling (uninstall-install) the Daminion client. If I open the Daminion client in the server it does remember the last folder I was browsing when closed. I was wondering if those settings are stored somewhere in the database or just in the config file in the computer?

Thanks!

Regards

Hello Nabani, 

If I open the Daminion client in the server it does remember the last folder I was browsing when closed

Unfortunately, in my case it is not remembered on any PC, doesn't matter of this is the server PC or just a client PC. This setting is not stored anywhere as far as I know, it's embedded into the code. I will discuss it on our team meeting

Kind regards, 

Daria