New feature: Add Files and convert format

Uwe

Hello,

I take my photos in RAW format only but I convert them to Adobe DNG format (until now by Adobe Lightroom Import process).

I would like to have an additional option in the "Add function" that calls the Adobe DNG converter (free software) or other internal converter function and imports the photos as DNG into Daminion.

An other way can be to import the RAW files into Daminion. Then I need a new function in the menu that calls the DNG converter, converts the photos from RAW to DNG, add them to Daminion and optional deletes the RAW files.

In the current version I have to use the DNG converter step as step 1 in the workflow before I use Daminion and never can use the direct import from cards.

Regards, Uwe

• Upvote 1

Hi Murat,

thank you for the information about RoboImport. I didn't know the software. For me the conversion to DNG is enough and as fas as I understand the RoboImport description it uses the Adobe DNG converter but it doesn't reduces the steps of my workflow compared to the current situation.

The advantage to have the function direct into Daminion will be the reduced workflow load and a simplyfied process. Thank you to take it to your feature list for later versions. I totally agree to all suggestions which shorten the steps to work with the software (usability).

Regards, Uwe

• Upvote 1