Add files stopps because of length of path and file name

Uwe

Hello,

There are directories on the server (the NAS runs on a Linux basis)that have long directory names (\\StudioRaid-2\03_musik\musik\00_Klassik\Joseph Hadn\Joseph Haydn - Joseph Haydn - Symphonies 26 & 22 & 53 (Lamentation & The Philosopher & L'Imperiale)\*.flac

When I want to add these files the process stopps. Using shorter paths it works. The system Win7 64bit does not have any problems with the long names.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Murat,

the import process startet (already 4200 files imported) until it wants to add the files from the directory where the combination of path and file name seems to be to long. When I use a shorter name for the directory, e.g. \\StudioRaid-2\03_musik\musik\00_Klassik\Joseph Hadn\Joseph Haydn\.flac the Add files function works.

We can start a TeamViewer session now.

Regards, Uwe

We can arrange a TV conversation in the middle of the next week. I'll be on a business trip during these few days with limited access to the Internet by the laptop (not sure if TV will works fine with my 3G).

Probably you have a file on your NAS with filename length that is greater than MAX_PATH variable that is defined by Windows (260 symbols). Some Windows functions are not work with files with long file names. I can get you more info after a few days.