Add Files to shared catalog (version 524)

Uwe

Hello,

I get different handling of the add function depending on the source.

1. add from local directory (on local disk) and from a subdirectory of a network device (on local NAS) -> I can decide if I want to copy the files to the Server folder (see attachments 1 and 2) or not

2. add from main directory of a network device (on local NAS) -> I don't have the copy function (see attachment 3)

Regards, Uwe

I get different handling of the add function depending on the source.

1. add from local directory (on local disk) and from a subdirectory of a network device (on local NAS) -> I can decide if I want to copy the files to the Server folder (see attachments 1 and 2) or not

Daminion Server needs an access to the importing files, so if they are located on a shared location you can import them without copying or select an option to Copy them to a new shared location. Otherwise you have to upload them to your Server.

2. add from main directory of a network device (on local NAS) -> I don't have the copy function (see attachment 3)

Copy/Upload function disappears when you'll close Daminion, but leave the Camera Importer window. In this case the Camera Importer works as a standalone application. Please check it.

Hello Murat,

sorry but I don't understand your explanation. In both cases (attachment 2 and 3) the files are on the same local network device (NAS). The files in attachment 2 are in a subdirectory of the main directory in attachment 3.

The access rights to the files on the network device are the same.

I didn't add the files from a camera card (in this test).

Regards, Uwe

Hmm... When the Camera Importer window is visible (in all your pictures) you can see 2 tabs on the windows Toolbar: Daminion and Daminion.Downloader. When you'll close the Daminion you can see that "Copy files to..." option will disapper. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't close (probably accidentally) the Daminion (without closing Daminion.Downloader)

Hi Murat,

why do you talk about the Camera Importer? I want to add files that are on a directory on a local network drive.

I don't get the window of the Camera Importer because I don't have a Card reader connected to the Computer. Therfore I don't have a drop down menue on the Add Files function.

There are two Daminion windows. One for the Daminion Server Administration (status green for the database and the server) and the other window is the Daminion client.

Regards, Uwe

Even if you select files from your local (or remote) folder for importing - Daminion will show you a window with "Choose files to import" title. This is the Daminion Downloader, that will be shown even if you don't have a card reader or it is empty.

Uwe, does it possible to provide me a temporary access to your computer via TeamViewer?