Installation Daminion Server 524

Uwe

Hello,

I've tried to install the server on different locations.

Basis:

C: - local system disk (128GB SSD)

E: - local 2 TB hard disk - work disk with shared directory

NAS 12TB hard disk Raid 6 on 1GB local network. On the NAS are:

D: or \\StudioRaid-2\Daminion

F: or \\StudioRaid-2\Foto

1. PostgreSQL database and Daminion Server on E

**> no problem

2. the PostgreSQL database on E the Daminion Server Upload directory on NAS (D)

**> no problem with PostgreSQL database installation but I can't install Daminion Server because of missing full access to the NAS directory.

I didn't cancel the setup and went back to change the upload directory to E

**> setup successful

**> start Dasminion Server Administration

**> PostgreSQL is running and Daminion Server is running

**> stop Daminion Server

**> Settings -> change the folder to store uploaded files to a folder on the NAS (D) --> press ok --> the local destination on E is substituted by the NAS directory on D (the same that I can't use in the setup because of missing permissions)

**> start the Daminon Server --> the server is running and uses the NAS directory for upload

??> what did I make wrong in the setup that I couldn't use the NAS directory?

3. The PostgreSQL database on NAS directory

**> some messages (non fatal) during setup, the setup finished but the database didn't start

??> my impression: the database has to be on a local disk. What does it mean regarding the size of the database? The current size of all of my photos is 750GByte.

Regards, Uwe

??> what did I make wrong in the setup that I couldn't use the NAS directory?

2. The error message appears on the Installation Wizard because the Wizard checks if Daminion Server user has the Full access to the folder where uploading files will be stored.

But Daminion Server Admin panel doesn't check it, so you don't see this message when start the service. If Daminion Server user has a Limited access to this folder the service will starts without a warning.

Daminion Server user should have full the Read/Write access to the folder where uploaded files will be stored. If the folder is located on another computer you should create the same user on this computer with the same password. And give him the Full access rights to this folder.

3. The PostgreSQL database on NAS directory

**> some messages (non fatal) during setup, the setup finished but the database didn't start

??> my impression: the database has to be on a local disk. What does it mean regarding the size of the database? The current size of all of my photos is 750GByte.

Not check it yet, but PostgreSQL installation creates a user named postgre with the very limited rights, so perhaps the problem is the same as I've described above. I'll check it...