Google vision support__Anyone try this yet?

Julek

I got so far as to finding the "Generate AI Labels" by clicking under "Actions", I was able to find how to unlock the administrator privilege,, but figuring out how to get a key/Json file..finding a tutorial on setting all THAT up..I am coming up short...

I've been attempting to figure it out..searching Google for "Google Vision key" ..."Google Vision" etc.....is this only an option for the folks that know how API and code things work?!? heh😅

I got pretty excited when I saw the April update had AI labeling,, but now I feel like the kid who got a shiny new tool😄, but some assembly is required and the instruction booklet is missing.😰😱😢

FYI, I have spent the morning GTS'ing (Google that S***) 🕧 🕙so only now am I hollering for help on the forum as i have not found anything that shows/explains how to get this to work..

Thank you all,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Daria,

Thank you for posting the walk thru video. It was a great assistance in setting everything up AND putting my mind at ease that the correct steps completed in doing so. 🙂

.....WOW! Pretty amazing! (just running some tests, and this is pretty neat😮 

On 5/7/2019 at 1:01 AM, Julek said:

... I was able to find how to unlock the administrator privilege ..

I did create the credentials, but was not able to get it working on Home Server, possibly because I did not find how to unlock the administrator privilege ..  or what else am I missing?

Well, I too have hit a brick wall. It was working fine for the first day, and now its...not...
I looked on my Google dashboard, and it says I have  sent 471 requests, but Daminion only shows 275 when I search for AI tagged files.

What I have done so far.. (and nothing has worked yet)

Followed Daria's video tutorial again. (Thank you again for making it.)

Made a new service account and key, deleted the old account/key

Restarted Daminion server
restarted Postgreql
Checked that REST API was enabled
Checked that google key was enabled
Checked that Google vision API was enabled via the internet console 
Checked that required ports were cleared by firewall
Restarted my computer

...Not sure what I am missing..😢

13 minutes ago, Julek said:

I looked on my Google dashboard, and it says I have  sent 471 requests, but Daminion only shows 275 when I search for AI tagged files.

My Google APIS Quotas dashboard doesn't show anything for the Cloud Vision API (other APIs I am using independently from Daminion do work). I am able to enable AI  Labels, add the Google Vision key and restart the server, but when I select Actions -> Generate AI Labels, nothing happens, not even an error message. Did you search for some Daminion logs, Julek? There should be something.

• 4 months later...

I have exactly the same problem WilfriedB reported on july.

(I am able to enable AI  Labels, add the Google Vision key and restart the server, but when I select Actions -> Generate AI Labels, nothing happens, not even an error message.)

I can see in the database that the table "cloudvision" was updated (one line is inserted) the first time i perform the "Actions -> Generate AI Labels". A line is inserted whith the correct id of the photo. But the second time I perform the action, no line is inserted or updated.

I don't know where the Google response should be kept (if there is a table, or a file, to keep the response). On the table "cloudvision", the columns "enddate" and "error" are with null value. And column "value" (maybe the AI tags?) has empty value.

At the error logs, I can see some errors like "
duplicate key value violates unique constraint "cloudvision_pkey"
Severity: ERROR
Code: 23505
(this log is at C:\ProgramData\Daminion Software\Daminion Server\Logs\NetCatalog\errors.txt)

At other log (C:\ProgramData\Daminion Software\Daminion Server\errors.txt) there are some strange messages like "
relation "settings" does not exist
Severity: ERROR
Code: 42P01

Could anybody help?