GPS info

kingsfan

Great!

:drinks:

How many geo-tags will be included? I guess the main ones are Latitude, Longitude, Altitude and Datum. Will all four of these be available? Any other geo-tags?

Latitude, Longitude, and Altitude. You can see them right now on the Properties panel, but it will be possible to see visual marks on the Google Maps, Bing, Yandex maps (or other maps), drag photos to the map, and see where your photos are located visually.

Latitude, Longitude, and Altitude. You can see them right now on the Properties panel, but it will be possible to see visual marks on the Google Maps, Bing, Yandex maps (or other maps), drag photos to the map, and see where your photos are located visually.

Based upon your response, I take it that Daminion will assume all Latitude and Longitude numbers stored with images are in WGS84 datum. That makes sense to me but it might be worth mentioning this somewhere in the user information materials.

On one very detailed point, it's my understanding that Yandex uses a true WGS84 datum while all other image servers use some sort of Google-created adaptation of the WGS84 datum that Manifold calls "WGS84 Auto". Based upon Manifold's description here (http://www.manifold.net/servers.shtml) it would seem that a specified Lat/Long dragged to a Yandex map may appear at a slightly different location than on maps from other image servers. I have no idea if this difference is an issue of any significant consequence.

• 1 year later...

This may have been covered/resolved, but for what it's worth:

With an image that has no GPS coordinates attached, I use EXIF Pilot to manually enter the coordinates.

Then opening the catalog and right clicking the image, I choose "Actions" => "Read tags from files."

Coordinates then appear in the catalog.