Properties for "Movies"

rau

I have a few movies (backup of DVDs) in my collection. These are typically mp4 or m4v files and many have had metadata populated (can't recall what tool I used) including Title, Names of Actors, a Star Rating, Parental Rating, year of Release, Genre, etc. On importing such a file into Daminion, I note none of this information is evident in the Properties pane - in fact there are no properties for many of these items.

Has anyone tried to utilise Daminion with this type of digital assets?

I have a few movies (backup of DVDs) in my collection. These are typically mp4 or m4v files and many have had metadata populated (can't recall what tool I used) including Title, Names of Actors, a Star Rating, Parental Rating, year of Release, Genre, etc. On importing such a file into Daminion, I note none of this information is evident in the Properties pane - in fact there are no properties for many of these items.

Has anyone tried to utilise Daminion with this type of digital assets?

Hi Rau,

Could you please send us one file for tests to support\at\daminion\dot\net?

Daminion's ability to read metadata depends on where this metadata is written to in the file. You can check out our netadata mapping rules here, but still I would like to take a look at your file's metadata.

Kind regards,

Daria

• 1 month later...

Hiya Rau,

I don't think what you are seeing is Metadata but more of a Media Data of sort. You must be using some sort of Home Media software such as Kodi, XBMC, Plex, etc that download and store those information of your movie.

In general, based on experience not many people input those data at all.

Of course without a test sample we won't know. MediaInfo is the software that can read many Metadata from video file.