Latitude and Longitude exchanged occcasionally

WilfriedB

Did anybody notice this too?

Once in while, I find completely wrong GPS data, which was correct at the time, I imported the images. Looking at it more closely, I found out Latitude and Longitude did swap! For example what originally was N46°43'46.89"; W92°12'20.97" (46,72969055, -92,20582581) eventually becomes S92°12'20.97"; E46°43'46.89" (-92,20582581; 46,72969055).

It doesn't happen often, but some time after correcting all of those, I find others. Meanwhile I created a Saved Search (Latitude < 10 and Longitude > 35) indicating central originally European coordinates whose lat and long were exchanged.

Before the import into Daminion, the gps coordinates were correct in file's metadata and got changed after the import? (incorrect coordinates gor synched with metadata?)

Correct, Daria!

I don't know when and why they are changed in Daminion (not in the files yet!) and it only applies to very few images. Never all in a folder (containing the images shot at the same day). When I say "after import", I mean at some time later. I never noticed it immediately after import.

When I found those and compare against the meta data in the files it is about a 50:50 chance (without exactly counting) that the file still contains the original coordinates. So, I assume, if other tags were changed within Daminion after the coordinates were damaged, synch will write the incorrect coordinates into the files, otherwise the meta data stay intact.