What's up with the Standalone version?

Mel

Pls give us a clear answer whether the Standalone version will be further developed or not.

The recent update was a while ago, and there's still no reference to the Standalone. I know that it is a crucial part of the Server but this does not mean that it's going to be available in the future as a separate piece of software.

So pls reply "Yes" or "No".

-- M.

Hi Mariusz,

The recent update for the Standalone version was published on September 28. The client app is still being developed and this is not to be changed within at least next year. In the future the guys may start focusing more on the Server\Web version rather than on Server\Standalone version, however, we still will be providing support for existing Standalone clients. It will be available for purchase as a separate piece of software at least until 2019. Unfortunately, we haven't discussed our plans for a longer perspective yet.

Regards,

Daria

I didn't know...

The Daminion Client can work in two different ways:

• Create a New Catalog or Open a catalog allows you to access a Daminion catalog stored on a disk drive accessible by the computer the Daminion Client is installed on. This is called Standalone.
  • Whereas Open a Shared Catalog always connects to a Daminion Server.

I don't know, if this was different at some point in time in the past, but for me - having only a stand-alone license - it always worked that way. Since yesterday I am using the Daminion 5.5 Build 1718 and there have been other builds during the last months.

• 2 months later...

I got an update notice when I opened Daminion Standalone today, but the webpage it directed me to still had a download link to 5.0. By searching I managed to find a link to 5.5, but it wasn't obvious. Come on guys, 5.5 has been out for a while now – how hard is it to update the download link? Or am I missing something?

• Upvote 2

I ran into the same issue a while ago trying to install. Seems, there are too many links pointing to old information. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I received this information about the latest built:

Daminion Client 5.5.1747 can be downloaded here

(https://drive.google...HMPv1kzalS_lusx)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:

https://daminion.net/...view=getnewpost

Seems to be the best, to subscribe to above thread.