Shared collection doesn't work

l.miklos

Hi,

In the new build 1713 the "new" "Shared collection" (earlier it was simply "Collection": is it the same?) doesn't work. In the client I can see it under "Collections" tag but in the web acces there is only blank screen and a text: "SharedCollection.NO_COLLECTIONS

SharedCollection.Tutorial.HOW_CREATE_COLLECTION"

In previous build it worked.

Miklos

Hi,

In the new build 1713 the "new" "Shared collection" (earlier it was simply "Collection": is it the same?) doesn't work. In the client I can see it under "Collections" tag but in the web acces there is only blank screen and a text: "SharedCollection.NO_COLLECTIONS

SharedCollection.Tutorial.HOW_CREATE_COLLECTION"

In previous build it worked.

Miklos

Hi Miklos,

This will be fixed in the next build.

Shared collections are not the same as regular collections. They are created to distribute files to external people or people in the organization who you don't want to gve an access to the full contents of the catalog.

To start working with the shared collection, select one or more files and click Actions > Create shared collection

Kind regards,

Daria

Thanks Daria!

And original "Collections" cannot be seen from web access anymore?

Miklos

Hi Miklos,

This will be fixed in the next build.

Shared collections are not the same as regular collections. They are created to distribute files to external people or people in the organization who you don't want to gve an access to the full contents of the catalog.

To start working with the shared collection, select one or more files and click Actions > Create shared collection

Kind regards,

Daria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Miklos,

the guys have hidden them in the web client in order not to confuse them with shared collections. Honestly, I don't get the logic behind and now trying to clarify why it has been done. Will keep you informed.

Regards,

Daria

I do agree with you Daria!

There should be only one type of collection which can be seen from both the desktop client and web access,and I could share it if I want.

Or - if it is difficult to develop this way - call it eg. shared sets or shared selection instead.

Miklos