[1623] Quick Search

fhahn

In previous versions of Daminion, when I typed in the Quick Search field, I would typically get a result. I think this was because the field was set to "Contains". In version 5.0, there must have been a change so that now when I type in the Quick Search field I typically do not get a match because the field is set to "Matches".

At least for me, when I first type in a search item, I am looking for a large match. From there, I typically want to limit my results so will type in a more specific search item.

Is there a way to set the Quick Search field so that it uses "Contains" by default and not "Matches"?

post-1845-0-88196000-1492824545_thumb.png

Is there a way to set the Quick Search field so that it uses "Contains" by default and not "Matches"?

On the left of the search field is a little magnifier glass with a pull-down triangle. Clicking there shows you a menu, to select what tags and how they should be searched:

post-1805-0-55019000-1492943974_thumb.jpg

It seems to me "Any Words" will result in "contains"

On the left of the search field is a little magnifier glass with a pull-down triangle. Clicking there shows you a menu, to select what tags and how they should be searched:

post-1805-0-55019000-1492943974_thumb.jpg

It seems to me "Any Words" will result in "contains"

Thanks for the hint.

From this drop down, I selected "Any Words" and "Description". This combination gives me what I want and it remains after restarting Daminion.

Thanks again.

Frank Hahn

post-1845-0-54873300-1492952359_thumb.png