Access Control - multiple groups/users

wearle

Hello,

We are slowly populating our Daminion server and developing workflows for our different users.

Our assets are usually Training or Marketing. Sometimes they are both. When they are Marketing, I have created an Access Control group that contains users that can access those assets (which is a small group out of the whole). Assets that are Training related have more complex relationships. I need to control access to a Regional Director, one Project Coordinator (out of many) and the Creative Services department. Most of our Training related assets are proprietary.

Today, I discovered that I can't assign more than one user or group to Access Control. For instance, if I select UserA, GroupB and GroupC under Access Control and add to the selected assets, only one gets added - not all three. If I try to add the controls one at a time, it changes each time - it doesn't accumulate. If that makes sense.

There are far too many combinations for me to build enough groups to cover each situation.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way to approach this? I don't think that creating two catalogs is an answer due to the nature of some projects and the large number of assets that would be divided yet still under the same project name.

Best,

Billy