Sync collections with other applications (alternatives?)

lorenz

Hi all,

I'm using collections with subcollections heavily in ongoing projects. Keywords I only use for describing the content of the image but not for sorting them. My problem is, that collections are not available in other applications. Neither are "projects", if I get it right.

Ok, I could also use keywords, something like "__project-a", but I'm not really happy with this. What is the best way to have collections separated but also available in other programs?

And - if I go with keywords, a feature like "write collections to keywords" would be great, but doesn't exist as far as I can see? Is there a faster workaround than doing it "by hand"?

Thank you for your hints

Lorenz

And - if I go with keywords, a feature like "write collections to keywords" would be great, but doesn't exist as far as I can see? Is there a faster workaround than doing it "by hand"?

Hello Lorenz,

the only option I see at the moment: use the ExifTool to write the Collection Tag to the Keyword Tag. Either e.g. by command line in Daminion (open with...), by ExiofTool GUI etc.

Then use "Read Tags from File" in Daminion to import the new keywords.

Unfortunately there aren't variables for keyword and collection to use the Assign Tags function in Daminion.

Regards, Uwe

Hello Lorenz,

the only option I see at the moment: use the ExifTool to write the Collection Tag to the Keyword Tag. Either e.g. by command line in Daminion (open with...), by ExiofTool GUI etc.

Then use "Read Tags from File" in Daminion to import the new keywords.

Unfortunately there aren't variables for keyword and collection to use the Assign Tags function in Daminion.

Regards, Uwe

Hi Uwe,

thank you for the tip! I didn't know about the ExifTool before, I will have a look at it.

Best

Lorenz