How do you merge similar tags

Paul Barrett

I had two Event tags that were very similar due to a misspelling. The only way I could find to merge them was to correct the misspelled one. Then I got a warning that the tag already existed, did I want to merge them, which I did, and which Daminion then did.

I had tried other methods of merging such as

- clicking and dragging one on to the other - this just caused one to be moved to be a child of the other

- highlighting both and then right clicking to look for a 'merge tags' menu option - this seemed to be the most intuitive way to me, but that may just be because that's the way I used to do it in Photoshop Elements.

I also looked in the blog but could not find any mention of the words 'merge' or 'merging'

The same issue applies to other tag types too.

Am I missing something please?

Thanks

- Paul

I had two Event tags that were very similar due to a misspelling. The only way I could find to merge them was to correct the misspelled one. Then I got a warning that the tag already existed, did I want to merge them, which I did, and which Daminion then did.

Hello,

this is the way I work and it's ok for me. I don't need more functionality to merge tags.

The other way is to assign the items to the new tag which still belong to the wrong tag. Then delete the wrong tag.

Regards, Uwe