Search function "AND" and "OR" results the same

l.miklos

Hello,

Daminion v4.6 (1481)

I entered a search word (i.e. 2011) in the search field: the result is Ok.

Then I entered 2012 after a space (2011 2012), and the result is (as I see in the next line: search Everywhere "2011" OR "2012") and the result is NULL (in fact it uses "AND" operator instead of "OR". No matter which one I select in this line)

If I click on these keywords on the left hand side, it works well.

Regards

Miklos

Hello,

Daminion v4.6 (1481)

I entered a search word (i.e. 2011) in the search field: the result is Ok.

Then I entered 2012 after a space (2011 2012), and the result is (as I see in the next line: search Everywhere "2011" OR "2012") and the result is NULL (in fact it uses "AND" operator instead of "OR". No matter which one I select in this line)

If I click on these keywords on the left hand side, it works well.

Regards

Miklos

Hi Miklos!

"2011" is a Keyword or a Creation Datetime or a part of a file name (or both)? It would be really helpful if you could attach a screenshot.

Daria

Hi Miklos!

"2011" is a Keyword or a Creation Datetime or a part of a file name (or both)? It would be really helpful if you could attach a screenshot.

Daria

Hi Daria,

2011 and 2012 are names of the folder and the creation datetime as well.

If I search via "folder contains" (see folder_and.jpg and folder_or.jpg) the result is good.

But if I dont't know the exact place of the keyword I search via "everywhere" and in this case the result is wrong (see everywhere_and.jpg and everywhere_or.jpg: the result is the same in both case). The resulting one picture is actually in the 2011 folder and the filename consists "2012".

post-1832-0-11454400-1469617661_thumb.jpg

post-1832-0-68061400-1469617668_thumb.jpg

post-1832-0-84231100-1469617683_thumb.jpg

post-1832-0-02787500-1469618278_thumb.jpg

Hi Daria,

2011 and 2012 are names of the folder and the creation datetime as well.

If I search via "folder contains" (see folder_and.jpg and folder_or.jpg) the result is good.

But if I dont't know the exact place of the keyword I search via "everywhere" and in this case the result is wrong (see everywhere_and.jpg and everywhere_or.jpg: the result is the same in both case). The resulting one picture is actually in the 2011 folder and the filename consists "2012".

Hi Miklos,

Thank you! I reproduced this bug on my PC and registered it in Redmine. It will be fixed soon.

Daria

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...