1443 - Import rename files taken at the same second

Uwe

Hello,

I don't understand how Daminion renames the files taken at the same second. Here an example:

Daminion_1443_rename_import.jpg

The last line below of the thumbnail preview is the OriginalRawFileName.

The workflow is:

1. copy the CR2 files from CF card to a local folder

2. convert them to DNG files keeping the original file name

3. Import the DNG files (shared catalog) by Daminion using the options: create subfolders, rename files "%date_%time.%ext"

I've expected that the alphabetical sort of the source file name is used to add the (nn) to the renamed and imported file name. In this case the file "_H5A5007.DNG" had to be the first one renamed to "20160115_172612.dng".

The problem now is: the items are not in the sequence they were taken.

Is this issue related to my post: https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/2996-import-tag-preset-using-ms-doesnt-work/ ?

Regards, Uwe

I note that, when you have the files import window open, the files are not sorted in filename sequence, and there does not appear to be anyway to accomplish that. There is a radio button to sort for "Newest to Oldest", so my guess is it uses file modified date and time for it's sort sequence. The files are probably imported and renamed in the sequence shown on that screen.

Hello,

I don't understand how Daminion renames the files taken at the same second. Here an example:

post-846-0-77747200-1461672262_thumb.jpg

The last line below of the thumbnail preview is the OriginalRawFileName.

The workflow is:

1. copy the CR2 files from CF card to a local folder

2. convert them to DNG files keeping the original file name

3. Import the DNG files (shared catalog) by Daminion using the options: create subfolders, rename files "%date_%time.%ext"

I've expected that the alphabetical sort of the source file name is used to add the (nn) to the renamed and imported file name. In this case the file "_H5A5007.DNG" had to be the first one renamed to "20160115_172612.dng".

The problem now is: the items are not in the sequence they were taken.

Is this issue related to my post: https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/2996-import-tag-preset-using-ms-doesnt-work/ ?

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

this sort is not the problem to get a overview of the files that should to be imported. Daminion uses the File Modify Date in the Import Window because of the performance.

This is ok for me but later in the catalog the Exif/XMP... metadata are relevant and not the data of the Windows File System. And in the Data/Time metadata is the right sequence. Maybe the sort by file name make sense because the camera creates the file names on th CF card in the sequence the photos were taken.

Regards, Uwe