What browsers are supported?

Just wondering what browsers / Operating Systems are officially supported by the 4.5 release ?

I've tried IE and Chrome on my Win-10 PC and it works fine. I've tried Safari on my iPad and it doesn't work well at all.

I don't have a Mac to try but I saw a comment by another user which suggests that a Mac doesn't work well at this stage.

Could you clarify please ?

Thanks,

Steve

All the latest version of the modern browsers should be supported:

Chrome, Mozilla, IE, Safari.

Terrific. One site where I have previously tried and failed to introduce Daminion runs a mix of PCs and Macs. The web interface will be superb for them because it will reduce the number of machines which need the client software installed to maybe 2 or 3 (just those machines which do the importing and cataloguing. Everyone else will use the Web Client to browse the collection.

• Upvote 1

Terrific. One site where I have previously tried and failed to introduce Daminion runs a mix of PCs and Macs. The web interface will be superb for them because it will reduce the number of machines which need the client software installed to maybe 2 or 3 (just those machines which do the importing and cataloguing. Everyone else will use the Web Client to browse the collection.

But right now, this is not woring on mac machines only windows

But right now, this is not woring on mac machines only windows

It works on Macs as well on Windows. Can you please send us more info if you experience any issues with web-client on your Mac.

- What browser do you use?

- What Daminion Server version do you have installed?

- Did you enter your catalog url in Web-Browser with the same letter case as your catalog alias in Admin panel (Web-Access menu)?

But the client needs to be installed first, right! I can't just connect using my ipad, right?

The web client is part of the Daminion server. No software needs to be installed on the viewing device. In theory you should be able to point most web browsers at your daminion server and it should work. It does work pretty well on my iPad.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...