Questions / feature suggestions?

Hey Daminion,

First off, the test client looks awesome! Looks like y'all put a lot of work into and it the finished product is definitely polished.

That being said, I had a few questions and/or feature suggestions based on my usage:

1) Will we be able to manage what fields are searchable?

Our marketing department uses a ton of different fields (subject code, keywords, custom ones, etc). For public users that would be on our Daminion web client, though, we only want them to be able to sort by subject code. Is that limitable

2) Will we be able to edit the theme?

Ideally we could make it match our corporate website, replace logo, replace fonts, etc.

3) Will users be able to choose format / size when downloading?

My current implementation of a Daminion front end allows users to download in 3 sizes, which would be helpful in the "official" version as well.

4) Will it support HTTPS connections?

5) Will any sort of "usage tracker" be built in?

It's useful to know what folders our customers are visiting most often in our current Daminion front end, so something like Google Analytics interaction would be helpful in the official version.

5) Will any sort of "usage tracker" be built in?

It's useful to know what folders our customers are visiting most often in our current Daminion front end, so something like Google Analytics interaction would be helpful in the official version.

Nice idea, you could even include piwik, this is an opensource alternative to google analytics, which I use on all systems.

Hey Daminion, First off, the test client looks awesome! Looks like y'all put a lot of work into and it the finished product is definitely polished. That being said, I had a few questions and/or feature suggestions based on my usage:1) Will we be able to manage what fields are searchable?

Our marketing department uses a ton of different fields (subject code, keywords, custom ones, etc). For public users that would be on our Daminion web client, though, we only want them to be able to sort by subject code. Is that limitable

Thanks for your comprehensive feedback. You can browse a certain tag in the filter panel. Quick search is not customizable now. But we included custom tags into the quick search tag list.

2) Will we be able to edit the theme?

Ideally we could make it match our corporate website, replace logo, replace fonts, etc.

Yep. We plan to add a custom branding option. But not into the 4.5 version. Could be available in 5.0 or 5.5 version. However you can change it by yourself by editing css files in Daminion Server program files

c:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion Server\WebAccess\App\Main\images\

But be careful because a new Daminion installation will overwrite your changes.

3) Will users be able to choose format / size when downloading?

My current implementation of a Daminion front end allows users to download in 3 sizes, which would be helpful in the "official" version as well.

Yep. We plan to add versioning. So you can select what version of your digital asset to download.

4) Will it support HTTPS connections?5) Will any sort of "usage tracker" be built in?

- a. Need to think about https.

- b. Yes. Some sort of analytics will be added.