1394 - CSV export/import

Uwe

Hello,

I export some GPX files using the CSV export option.

The export uses a "shared catalog 01" on a laptop and then I want to import the files to another "shared catalog 02" on the PC. Laptop and PC are in the same network.

1. In the Collection Tag of the created CSV-file is an additional GUID.

2. The Title Tag is not imported from the CSV file.

3. The files are not imported to an uplaod folder on the PC, they remain on the laptop. A new folder structure in "shared catalog 02" is created with the link to the files on the laptop. I've expected to find the imported files in an upload folder on the PC.

You get the videos of the export and import and the CSV-file I used in the videos. The file name on the FTP folder "FromUwe": Daminion_1394_csv_export_and_import.rar

Regards, Uwe

Hello Murat,

yes this will be very useful to group the tags. Using the other Title Tag works. Thank you.

Question: The GPX files are in a shared catalog on a laptop. The GPX-items have a lot of tags but the tags are in the catalog and not in the file because of the format. How can I copy these GPX files to the PC and to import them in a shared catalog of the PC without to lose the tags?

Regards, Uwe

Hello Murat,

the CSV export/import doesn't copy the files from the laptop to the PC. Only an additional folder is in the catalog of the PC and the items are linked to the files on the laptop.

Regards, Uwe

Hello Murat,

it works if the "FilePath" in the CSV file is a path to a file on a local folder, e.g. "d:\upload\imgades\file1.jpg".

But not working if the file is on a network drive, e.g. "\\server\upload\images\file1.jpg".

Is this "works as designed" or a bug?

Regards, Uwe