File Watching Service - Questions

Uwe

Hello,

does the File Watching Service (FWS) have/should have the same funtions compared to the Rescan Folders?

That means:

- only selected folders are watched - where can I make the selection in the folder tree?

- only the already imported files of these folders are watched?

- all folders of the selected catalog are watched - that means if I create new subfolders with files in an already exsiting folder of the catalog by an external programm - the new subfolders with their files will be imported automatically?

- do I get any information that an "import by FWS" is running in the backgroud?

Regards, Uwe

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Murat,

I still don't get the file watching service. So let me add some question here:

- When i turn on Auto-Rescan, does this mean that subfolders are rescanned too?

- When i turned on Auto-Rescan, how can i check if this feature is actualy doing something?

- The new File Watching Service does not seem to work. Not with the network catalog nor with a local catalog. What should it actually be doing?

best regards

Konrad

I still don't get the file watching service. So let me add some question here:

- When i turn on Auto-Rescan, does this mean that subfolders are rescanned too?

- When i turned on Auto-Rescan, how can i check if this feature is actualy doing something?

- The new File Watching Service does not seem to work. Not with the network catalog nor with a local catalog. What should it actually be doing?

1. Yep. Auto-Rescan command scans the selected folder including it's sub-folders

2. In the latest builds there is the animated indicator on the Admin panel dashboard that tells you: Daminion FWS is working.

3. Please wait for the Daminion 4.5 1417 build (hope to release it today) where some minor glitches with File Watching Service will be fixed. BTW what Daminion version do you have installed?

1. Yep. Auto-Rescan command scans the selected folder including it's sub-folders

2. In the latest builds there is the animated indicator on the Admin panel dashboard that tells you: Daminion FWS is working.

3. Please wait for the Daminion 4.5 1417 build (hope to release it today) where some minor glitches with File Watching Service will be fixed. BTW what Daminion version do you have installed?

Currently i am running 1414 - Home Server and Team Server

• 3 weeks later...