How to fix file timestamp?

SergeS

Hello everybody,

I have tagged some photos with un-checked option "Preserve file modified date when updating metadata".

I would like to fix it. Are there any way how to change file timestamp back to match timestamp from Picture Properties -> Creation Datetime? Is this Daminion task or I have to use third-party software?

Hello SergeS,

this is a function of the Windows File System. From my point of view you can't change it by Daminion. But there are other utilities to do it. E.g. I use Total Commander to manage files and folders. There is a function to adjust the attibutes of a file.

You can also use the Windows File Explorer to adjust the dates of a selected file: right click->Properties->Details

The ExifTool can also do it.

See here too: http://perlmaven.com/image-exiftool-how-to-change-file-creation-date

Regards, Uwe

• Upvote 1

Hello SergeS,

this is a function of the Windows File System. From my point of view you can't change it by Daminion. But there are other utilities to do it. E.g. I use Total Commander to manage files and folders. There is a function to adjust the attibutes of a file.

You can also use the Windows File Explorer to adjust the dates of a selected file: right click->Properties->Details

The ExifTool can also do it.

See here too: http://perlmaven.com/image-exiftool-how-to-change-file-creation-date

Regards, Uwe

I have mistakenly change timestamp for 300+ files, I do not want to fix it manually using file managers, I would like to use some automation. If this is not a daminion task (which seems reasonable) I will try to find the other software, or make my own script. And thank you for the link.

upd: jhead and command line jhead.exe -ft *.jpg made all job, thanks to everybody and google :-). Under windows, no installation needed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I have tagged some photos with un-checked option "Preserve file modified date when updating metadata".

I would like to fix it. Are there any way how to change file timestamp back to match timestamp from Picture Properties -> Creation Datetime? Is this Daminion task or I have to use third-party software?

I've came across similar disaster with my scanned negatives. Try "Bulk File Changer" (free) here:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bulk_file_changer.html

Backup original files

Go to File > Add files

Select (highlight) files in the main window

Go to Actions > Change Time/Attributes

Play with the settings:

post-859-0-58650700-1447612558_thumb.jpg

HTH

-- M.L.