Daminion Client/Standalone freezes when launching on Windows 10 (occasionally)

Murat

Greetings,

We received several claims that Daminion is freezed when launching on Windows 10. Unfortunately we can't reproduce this issue on our computers and VM with Windows 10.

Is anyone else experienced this problem?

Definitely no. Works rocksolid on my Windows 10 X64 installation. Are the freezes on X86 or X64?

• 2 weeks later...

Severals claims with freezing Daminion on starting on Windows 10, but without installed AVG. We continue investigating into this issue, but any additional feedback from other users with the same problem would be helpful.

That may be me...

I've got windows 10 + latest version daminion. I have indexed photo collection and everything worked fine.

Now I freeze whenever I try to index my audio book collection. Relevant detail is probably that that collection is stored on a NAS.

So it's not quite on launch, but maybe the issue is relevant.

What happens is that I tell Daminion to index my audio book network share. It starts to read the files there. But doesn't get far. The counter stops and nothing else happens. I don't even get to the screen that shows me what Daminion is about to import. I have left it in this state for 8 hours but it's frozen solid. The problem has occurred on different (non overlapping) directory trees. Daminion has also succeeded on other directory trees.

If I can do any specific tests for you just let me know.

On another note. I noticed that Daminion is dreadfully slow whilst importing files. Even when I disable all tag presets. As far as I'm concerned it should only import the files into my database, it probably accesses them for tags. But I'd rather have it not do that. Just index the filenames, file types and locations for me and do the rest later on demand.

The slowness also occurs when I select a bunch of files (20 or so) and group them. And when I rename the resulting group.

Maybe your issue is a windows 10 + network issue?

It seems the problem is related to specific files rather then Windows 10.

Can you launch Daminion via -log_enable parameter and start importing those files again. Once the problem happens again please send us the log files to support/at/daminion/dot/net

log files can be found here:

c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0\Logs\

It seems the problem is related to specific files rather then Windows 10.

Can you launch Daminion via -log_enable parameter and start importing those files again. Once the problem happens again please send us the log files to support/at/daminion/dot/net

log files can be found here:

c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0\Logs\

I sent the logs and as much information as I thought relevant. I hope to hear if you found something useful from it. Does this mean you'll also look at the slowness?