"Export files" option to remove metadata

Mel

I tried to clean metadata from jpgs with various tools. No way. They still keep popping out after re-import to Daminion (and other software). The jpgs were exported from Daminion. All metadata were added in Daminion. Of course, the third party software does not good job despite advertised as being better that perfect.

I would suggest an option in Daminion to remove all (or user-selected) metadata from exported files : people, places, events, collections, categories, keywords, etc. (all fields), I mean literally ALL removable data.

The way-round is to make a temporary copy of selected files and manually remove all metadada before export but it's too much hassle, I'm afraid.

What's your opinion?

-- M.

Customize Export Presets - Embed Metadata: plenty of options there.

Thank you!

But:

1. I would never guess metadata selection window is hidden under "Transform" button.

2. I don't want to transform jpgs into jpgs what I'm afraid is happening in this window. All I want is to export originals without (selected) metadata.

3. Selected "Embed Meatadata: All", click button with dropdown list at right "Exclude Tags from Export:" - selected what I don't want to export. Reimport and tada... color label NOT deleted. Rating, too -- btw there's no "Rating" on the Exclude... list.

So I'll rely on ExifTool until it is fixed.

-- M.

You are right, I didn't notice this; when copying original images, nothing can be customized. Only when images are recompressed, you have options I mentioned. I noticed the missing "Rating" tag before and I can confirm your experience with not-deleted colour label.

So yes, as things stand, ExifTool is the tool for this.

Have a nice day!

Most of the image viewers have this feature, with different assortments of options. With ExifTool you have complete control; for me, ExifToolGUI is precise enough, etc. But I expect Daminion to include this to reduce number of steps, needed to export original jpg images with only some metadata removed. Or somebody can put it on Daminion's Uservoice page.

Have a nice day!

M.