Export tags

Antys Cost

Antys Cost, I am also using standalone version. Did you try this with the latest build, 1247?

I was not able to make my old catalogues work (optimizing, removing files and reimporting, uninstalling the program and reinstalling after removing some remnants from AppData and registry etc.). When I made a new little catalogue (25 jpgs and cr2s), tags exporting worked (and still works). Then I made a brand new catalogue for my 14.000 photos (it took almost three hours on a relatively decent PC), but was not able to export tags. Have been waiting for about 20 minutes.

My last effort was with my good old dam_tests catalogue (38 items, reimported, optimized). Another endless process, using 25 % of CPU and about 1 GB of memory. Here is the last log it made before it was murdered.

https://app.box.com/s/qrco5ism9ffj0ylzkvuxmb2x3tfb1pwz

In real life, I actually don't use this export feature. And everything else works fine for me.(Except importing the author tag from exif data in raw files, Murat, I have to mention this here and there.)

Good night!

Hello,

I have the same problem with standalone v.4.0.1247.

I join an export file made with v.3.7.1196 (only place tags).

This file can be imported in an empty v.4.0.1247 database and the tags are correct.

After that, export will hang (19% CPU and memory growing until manual kill)

Hope this can help to find the problem.

Yves

daminion-tags_place_3.7.1196.txt

I did what Yves did, with his file and with one of my old exports, with same result.

I actually only have one catalogue where exporting works, the before mentioned new little catalogue (25 jpgs and cr2s, all properly tagged). And I have one, where I can export everything but keywords, but that is not the rule. I wasn't able to identify, what triggers the problem.

I discovered an old version of Daminion (2.0.0 build 911) on one of my virtual machines, and it has no problems with these files or with my test catalogues.

Greetings,

-Mart

Hi Guys!

Can you please send me your catalogs?

So I could try to reproduce the issue by exporting tags from your catalogs.

Jacal, it seems you forgot to attach the links to the below comment line:

"Murat, I have to mention this here and there."

Hi Guys!

Can you please send me your catalogs?

So I could try to reproduce the issue by exporting tags from your catalogs.

Hi Murat,

Hereby the catalog you asked for.

Yves

test_tags.zip

Sorry, Murat, I was off-line for a couple of days.

Daminion seems to forget to import the -exif:Artist tag when reading data from raw files; many cameras can write them and it is handy, when you have photos from multiple authors. My workaround is to write -XMP-dc:Creator tag to my raw files, using ExifToolGUI, before importing them to Daminion.

Here is an old post:

https://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/1841-exifartist-not-imported-from-raw-files/

Since I've never got any comment or response, this glitch, if it is a glitch, obviously bothers only me and can't be considered a high priority problem.

Have a nice day!

EDIT: Exporting tags seems to work OK with 1251.