unable to connect to server

jtdennis

I submitted this report via the support form a few weeks ago and heard nothing back. In addition to doing that again I thought I'd also try the forum as this is a critical problem for us.

We are unable to connect to our Daminion server from anything other than on the server itself. I have verified that it is not a firewall problem between the clients and servers. The error message we get is simply "The server could not be reached because of a communication problem."

I have tried upgrading to the latest stable version with no change in the error and have even tried the latest build (1196). We have an active license, and need to get back into our server from client workstations. Is there anything else I can try?

The problem was because the latest Daminion 3.7 Clients use Ping command to check the registered server computers. And the Ping command was disabled. We offered a temporary solution for Jeremy. But in the new Daminion version it will be possible to switch off the Ping command.