[1187] Unhandled Exception when deleting a saved search

fhahn

Hello:

Twice tonight, I got an unhandled exception error after removing a saved search. I am using the current version of Daminion. I have the home server version.

The first time the error occurred was while I was working on my laptop connected remotely to Daminion server.

The second time was while I was on the computer with both Daminion server and the Daminion client.

I have attached a screen shot and some server logs. If you need logs from the client, you might have to point me to where they are located.

Thanks.

Frank Hahn

post-1845-0-43530900-1426726660_thumb.jpg

log.txt

log1.txt

Thanks for the bug info! Could you please copy and send us the whole text inside the bug-report form.

Please also select the deleting saved search, right click, then go to Edit and send me the screenshot of your Advanced Search.

And the last question did you open your Daminion Server catalog as the Admin or Editor?

I'm trying to find a copy of the backup catalog. I'm guessing that you do not want a dump of the SQL database?

I am looking for a *.dmc file on my hard drive but the only one I can find is dated from last year and I don't think that can be it.

I show two users, admin and guest. I'm not sure which one is being used.

I have attached the advanced search screen shot.

Now this morning, I did an optimize of the database. I was able to save and delete two different searches and did not receive the error. I'll try again tonight after work.

Frank Hahn

post-1845-0-66824100-1426768288_thumb.jpg

I just did some more testing and was able to get the exception to happen. Here is a copy of the text from the pop-up window:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.AdvancedSearchStackGenerator.ParseSet(ICriteriaSet set) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Classes\AdvancedSearchStackGenerator.cs:line 286

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.AdvancedSearchStackGenerator.ParseStack(ICriteriaStack stack) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Classes\AdvancedSearchStackGenerator.cs:line 267

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.AdvancedSearchStackGenerator.ParseList(ICriteriaList list) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Classes\AdvancedSearchStackGenerator.cs:line 253

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.AdvancedSearchStackGenerator.Generate(ICriteriaList list) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Classes\AdvancedSearchStackGenerator.cs:line 117

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.PicaJetEnginePresenter.FindItems(Object sender, ActionExecuteEventArgs e) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Presenters\PicaJetEnginePresenterCatalogActions.cs:line 204

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.PicaJetEnginePresenter.SimpleSearchPresenterAdvancedSearch(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Presenters\PicaJetEnginePresenter.cs:line 5862

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.SimpleSearchPointPresenter.ViewAdvancedSearch(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Presenters\SimpleSearchPointPresnenter.cs:line 370

at PicaJet.Daminion.GUIComponents.CatalogToolBar.AdvancedSearchButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\GUIComponents\Controls\CatalogToolBar.cs:line 455

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at PicaJet.Daminion.CommonGuiControls.CustomColorButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\CommonGuiControls\CustomColorButton.cs:line 863

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Daminion

Assembly Version: 3.7.0.1187

Win32 Version: 3.7.0.1187

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Daminion%20Software/Daminion/Daminion.exe

----------------------------------------

Here is what I did:

1. Created a search. It is the same as the one shown above. It is to show all pictures that match the Country of China and have an empty Description.

2. I saved the search with the name of test.

3. I entered a description into approximately five pictures.

4. I then removed the saved search and received the exception above.

5. I can only find one *.DMC file on this computer and when I open it, it is empty. Is the NetCatalog an actual file or does it just make some reference to the PostgresSQL database?

Thanks.

Frank Hahn

Thanks for the bug-report. If you are working with the Daminion Server catalogs then I need your database dump: Admin Panel > Administration > Catalogs > Select your Catalog > Backup.

You can send it me by wetransfer.com to our email: support/at/daminion/dot/net