Failed to add a catalog

lintujuh

Hi!

I have to versions of Postgres running (9.2 & 9.3). I tried to add an old catalog to list of shared catalog. I gave a name "NetCatalog (9.2)" to the catalog I tried to add and it referred to database NetCatalog in Postgres 9.2.

When I tried to remove the existing NetCatalog (in 9.3) from the list I got an error "Default catalog cannot be deleted!".

I then tried to rename the database in 9.2 to NetCatalog_92, but that failed. PgAdmin said the database is access by another. After I restarted my PC I could do the rename.

After renaming I could add the database to my catalogs, but when I tried to open the catalog in Daminion, I got an error "The server could not be reached because of a connection problem. Unable to connect to the server!". In Daminion Server "Test Connection" reports OK to this database.

-Juha

The problem with connect to server was resolved. The reason was that I hadn't restarted the server. I had the Catalog dialog open when I tried to connect the new shared catalog. Here the user interface could give a hint, that the server must be restarted for the changes to take effect. I didn't know that, because the newly added catalog was already visible in the client.

Now I have a problem to open the catalog with necessary rights. I can open the catalog as a guest, but when I try to use the same user/password as for the default catalog (in 9.3) I get invalid username/password error.

-Juha