Catalog Lost in Upgrage to 1161

lintujuh

Hi Murat!

It seems that when I upgraded from 1155 to 1161 I lost my server catalog. When I started Daminion client after upgrade it reported "Empty Catalog". Is there a way to recover my catalog or shall I recreate it, the images are in the local file system. And naturally I don't have up-to-date backup. :mega_shok:

I have a week old file system level backup of the database files. Is all the metadata written into the files or do I loose some information if I recreate the catalog from the images?

-Juha, learning the lesson: take backups before using beta software

Hi Juha, I guess your catalog(s) is (are) there but for some reason the list of catalogs is empty. Please launch the PGAdmin, connect to the Postgres by specifying the "postgres" password but without the quotes.

You should see one or several databases named as NetCatalog, NetCatalog2, ...

Launch your Daminion Server Admin panel, go to the Catalogs, run the Add to List command. Switch the PostgreSQL tab and specify the NetCatalog or NetCatalog2, etc...

Then please confirm that all is Ok.

Hi Murat!

I have sent you the config file. The catalogs I see in PgAdmin are NetCatalog and NetCatalog4 corresponding to catalogs NetCatalog and Test in Daminion.

When I looked with PgAdmin the rowcount in table mediaitems was 0 in NetCatalog and 3000+ in Test. The actual catalog should be around 15k items.

-Juha

The problem appears if you manually uninstalled the Daminion Server prior to installing a new update. In this case Daminion uninstalls the catalogs.config file where all the links to the existing PostgreSQL catalogs were stored. But these are just links, that you can easily restore by Admin Panel > Catalogs > Add Catalog option. All your catalogs with your data remains untouched.

This problem is not existed if you'll install a new Daminion Server version cover the old one.

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming build.

Hi Murat

I don't think that has been the case. I didn't uninstall Daminion Server before upgrade. I have manually upgraded PostgreSQL to 9.3 and I have still both 9.2 and 9.3 running.

When I recall the upgrade process it was different than usually. Normally I could just click through the standard questions and install Daminion Servere with defaults. In this upgrade there were extra dialogs where I had to specify PostgreSQL server and the ports. I didn't pay any special attention to them at that point, I just clicked through them.

-Juha

• 2 weeks later...