Is Daminion Server running on Windows...

rene

Hey Murat,

is Daminion running on the following Systems:

-Windows Storage Server 2012

-Windows HomeServer

I'm asking because my Server (Windows Home Premium x64, DualCore AMD Athlon II X2 250, 3000 MHz (15 x 200), NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (512 MB), etc) is always having problems with the drivers, crashing and hanging. etc therefore I'm considering to move to a more controlable device. Since the server is running at my parents place and I thought a NAS Server is much easier to handle for them.

What device could you recommend me?

regards

René

We don't test it with the Storage or HomeServer versions.

But Daminion works with Windows Server 2012 (R2). You need to make sure that .NET 2.0 and 3.5 features are enabled in the Components Configuration window (by default the .NET 4.0 is enabled only)

I am not a hardware expert but I recommend you to select a NAS with at least 4 or 8 GB RAM.

btw wouldn't it be nice to have a sub forum for Hardware talk? So beginners can ask what systems others run etc.

I guess a lot of Home Server Users are using NAS Systems, so they need to install the server on a different system, so NAS Support would get a lot of more customers i guess.

And for question like mine, this sub forum could be nice as well to have all discussion related to Hardware request, and stuff like what system shall i buy, what os etc

• 2 weeks later...