Deleting duplicates

paaland

Just purchased Daminion server and have now cataloged my 19500 images. According to Daminion I've got about 2700 duplicates. Having scanned though the images it seems right. Some pictures I have up to three copies of. The filname is not always identical, but the images are.

My question is how can I select all but one instance of each image? I want to delete duplicates, but keep one of each image. I'm looking for a "select duplicates" option but can't find it.

Hey Paal!

It's hard to determine which one of the duplicate images should be removed in an automatic way.

So right now the duplicate removal process is manual. One of the convenient ways to do this is when the files are displayed in the Details mode and the Preview panel is visible.

I also recommend you to update to the 3.3 1070 build.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Paal!

It's hard to determine which one of the duplicate images should be removed in an automatic way.

So right now the duplicate removal process is manual. One of the convenient ways to do this is when the files are displayed in the Details mode and the Preview panel is visible.

I also recommend you to update to the 3.3 1070 build.

Hey Murat i allways linkedin using Anti-Twin http://www.anti-twin.com/

Maybe they have a good semi automatisch way of deciding duplicate images

• 3 weeks later...