Syncing of Metadata

riverspress

Syncing of Metadata

I edit images in Daminion. Properties/Description/the Description field. Auto-Syncing is on.

After editing I go to the folder with the images on the hard drive and open the images in Photoshop. My editing done in Daminion is not present in Photoshop (file/file info).

My question is how do I sync the metadata of Daminion and Photoshop. Or in other words how can we read the metadata, added in Daminion, in Photoshop.

Hi riverspress,

wellcome to the forum.

What Media Format did you use? Please check you settings in Daminion: Menu->Edit->Preferences->Writing Metadata.

I just made a test with JPG, build 1032, local catalog. I entered a description text in the Properties Panel and then I opened this item in PS CS6. There I see the just entered desctription text in the File Information.

Regards, Uwe

This feature should works via Auto-Syncing feature also. However I can't reproduce it on my pc with my TIFF fiels.

- Could you please share us your screenshot of the Preferences > Writing Metadata page?

- Can you reproduce this issue with JPEG files (via Auto-Sync option)?

- Can you record us a short video using this small utility?