Full screen images not rendered

Yorkie71

Could you please give me more info:

1. With what image format do you see this issue mainly?

2. Do you work with local or shared catalog?

2.1. If you work with a shared catalog how your images were imported: by uploading or by file references?

3. What's the average image size (dimension and file size). Please send me a few sample images for testing.

4. What time is required to load and render these images on your side?

5. Do you see the same performance issue if you'll copy images to a local drive?

6. What's your PC configuration?

Hi, sorry for the delay. It's been a bust few days. Here are the details that you requested.

1. JPGs
  2. Local catalogue.
  3. Around 5-6MB each. I'll email some across.
  4. I get tired of waiting for them to render. I used Daminion for cataloguing and not viewing currently.
  5. No. Images load perfectly and quickly in any other application, whether that be native MS photo viewer or the Synology photo application. The photos are hosted on my NAS and they load and render quickly from that location as well as locally.
  6. Relatively old but still capable PC. Pentium D, Dual Core, 2.8Ghz. 3GB RAM. Windows 7 Pro 64Bit.

Hope this helps. I have downloaded the latest build as I see that some work has been done on this. I'll test later to see if this issue has been fixed.

Thanks for the excellent support.

[*]No. Images load perfectly and quickly in any other application, whether that be native MS photo viewer or the Synology photo application. The photos are hosted on my NAS and they load and render quickly from that location as well as locally.

I meant the performance of viewing images from your NAS after copying them to your local drive. Could you please check it?

Couldy you please also email me some of them?

• 3 months later...

Topics without replies don't mean that we ignore them or don't read them.

But this looks so.

Unfortunatelly it's not possible to write a software without bugs when there millions of code rows, hundreds of units and libraries, hundreds of different formats and metadata fields each of them should be processed differently, with complex threads and multi-tier architecture. And some bugs might appear again.

And you prefer to implement new features (adding new code rows, units, libraries and complexity of your software), not to fix known bugs. Thus you interest new users (Hey, we have so much features!) that see only a lot of capabilities. And old users will work with almost good working software, that already know it deeper and see pros and cons.