Manual sorting (#998)

lintujuh

I turned the manual sorting on and started to organize the collection. Then I removed one item from the collection and after that the image that was beside was duplicated. When I select any other sorting mode, the duplicate disappears, but when I turn the manual sorting on, it will reappear.

I know the current functionality is experimental, so these are my thoughts for further development. It would be nice if the "Manual sorting" would be associated only to those collections where you have turned it on. Now it's global and when you have turned "Manual sorting" on and view your images by categories or other tags, the sorting mode turns to "None".

-Juha

Hi Murat,

The problem is reproducable. I have been busy and haven't had time to investigate this earlier. Today I did some tests, but I wasn't able to produce a good recording for you. I'll try to do that later.

I have found out following:

– those images that create duplicates are assigned to two collections and I have removed the association that collection that is currently selected

– I tried to reproduce the issue with my local test catalog, but I couldn't, every thing worked as it should, but when I moved the items from local catalog to my server catalog, the duplicates appeared immediately after the copying

I hope this helps you forward, but I'll investigate further.

-Juha

Hi Murat,

I think I have managed to identify something. If an image belongs to multiple catalogs, then it is duplicated in the Manual sorting. I have sent a video to you.

I wasn't able to recreate the situation where removing an image belonging to multiple collections would duplicate some other image.

-Juha

PS. I'm still running on 998, do you want me to stick on it or can I upgrade?