[975] bugreport: assign people

Volker

Hi,

under 'People' I created a hierarchic structure as shown in the first screenshot. When I try to add people in the 'Description' section it looks correct at first sight (second screenshot). But instead of adding "Siebelink, Volker" Daminion adds two single values: "Siebelink" and "Volker" (third screenshot).

Regards,

Volker

post-806-0-64282300-1393696893_thumb.jpg

post-806-0-76639400-1393696898_thumb.jpg

post-806-0-41519100-1393696905_thumb.jpg

Well, the , letter is used to separate tags in all parts of the program, so it's not the best to use it as a part of a tag. You can do it, you can create a tag with , letter in it, but it could just lead to problems like this you're experiencing now.

If you want to keep this name with the , letter, just simply assign the name on the Catalog Tags tab and not on the Properties tab's edit box.

Well, but it can't, only if it takes away the possibility from us to add more tags at once in the edit box.

Now it's working great, you can start typing a tag, gives you the list, you can hit enter, OR you can hit "," button, and you can start typing the next tag, gives you the list, etc.

Well, there need to be some compromises.

You can still assign that special tag now. And you can use such special tags now. I think it's only a bonus.

What if Daminion will remember these tags, and you want to use them in the middle of a tag list you want to assign to the item? It remembers and adds this special tag, okay.

But what will be if you want to add the two words separately? You just can't?

Remember, you can use , letter not just with people, but with normal keywords, too. It's easily can happen that you have tags: "a, b", "a", and "b" as well.

Maybe it can be solvable, that when you select it from the dropdown list, then, and only then add it right away in that form, but I'm really hope that it will not mess with the current logic of the edit box.