[943] feature improvment suggestion

rene

Hey Murat,

jsut started playing with the Access Control function.

One anoying thing is that I have to move every picture/file to every user.

So my improvment suggestion is that it should be possible to assign folders or even groups of folders to certain users.

Can I assign a picture only to one user?

Since I want to hide the source files (psd, cr2) of my project I created Collections like HDR Sourcefiles. Since it is not possible to hide them by now, I want to do that with access control, but like in my last question do I realy have to assign the files to each user? Only Admin schould see everything, and users no sourcefiles.

thanks rene

One anoying thing is that I have to move every picture/file to every user.

Since I want to hide the source files (psd, cr2) of my project I created Collections like HDR Sourcefiles. Since it is not possible to hide them by now, I want to do that with access control, but like in my last question do I realy have to assign the files to each user? Only Admin schould see everything, and users no sourcefiles.

Users from the Public group are able to see all files within this group.

To add a user to the Public group, right click on the Public and navigate to the Edit Group option, then check all users which you need to put in the Public group.

BTW Admin can hide all CR2 and PSD HDR sources from others: select and drag these images to a newly created Access Control Group and don't add any user to this group. However admin will see all files.

Can I assign a picture only to one user?

Yep. Drag an image to a user under the Access Control group in the Tags tree. Or select an image, right click and select the "Set Access Permissions" option.

Ok, I opend the Access Control Tree in my Client Software and found that every user is listed there. Shouldn't there be the User Groups like: Editor, Viewer, etc.

It is pretty anoying to assign all images, exept the Source files, to all four of us

post-1019-0-87313000-1389716188_thumb.png

It would be much better, if the Admin could do that in the Admin Menu by defining the folder pathes.

rene

Ok, I opend the Access Control Tree in my Client Software and found that every user is listed there. Shouldn't there be the User Groups like: Editor, Viewer, etc.

Editor and Viewer are User Roles. They allows to limit access to your Daminion Server on a functionality level (read-only, edit, delete, etc...)

Access Control feature allows to limit access on a file level, and put an item to the private area of someone or make it visible for public.

It is pretty anoying to assign all images, exept the Source files, to all four of us

It would be much better, if the Admin could do that in the Admin Menu by defining the folder pathes.

You can create an Access Group, put all 4 users to this group, and then assign images to this group.

The user list, that you see on the Access Control option in the Tags tree, is a private areas of each user. By default all users are belonged to the Public area and see all files.

If you'll drag an image from Public to a user below the Access Control, you'll put this file to the private area of this user. This file will be visible to this user and admin only.

Editor and Viewer are User Roles. They allows to limit access to your Daminion Server on a functionality level (read-only, edit, delete, etc...)

Access Control feature allows to limit access on a file level, and put an item to the private area of someone or make it visible for public.

You can create an Access Group, put all 4 users to this group, and then assign images to this group.

The user list, that you see on the Access Control option in the Tags tree, is a private areas of each user. By default all users are belonged to the Public area and see all files.

If you'll drag an image from Public to a user below the Access Control, you'll put this file to the private area of this user. This file will be visible to this user and admin only.

I did this, but still I have to move all 80.000 pictures to this group

I would appreciate it, if we could assign Access Rights by just making a right click on a folder and clicking on "Assign Access Rights" or something

Setting permissions on a certain folder might be good idea. But I guess specially for your case (Panoramas and HDR files) we need a better solution: like stacks or something else.

Access control is better to use to separate your content into multiple parts and allow to several group of users to see appropriate parts of your content.