How to work remotly the right way?

rene

Hey Murat and Community,

Since some of you know, I will leave Germany pretty soon and be located in Shanghai again. Therefore I was wondering, how I can work on the Catalog from there.

Some thoughts, what do you think?

1. I want to have a local copy of my Shared Catalog on a NAS-Drive in China or on an external HDD. Can I somehow avoid rescanning on my laptop in China? I could work remotly, but than it might take a lot of time to transfer data.
  2. When I add some tags to files already existing in the shared catalog can I somehow import just the tags, since I don't want to transfer the whole file again. In the CSV file the path is printed. Is it possible to have Daminion just search for archive-id and/or name?

regards

rene

One of the ways to work remotely is via VPN connection (TeamViewer, Comodo Unite, Hamachi, etc...)

If you need to sync the databases occasionally you can do this via backup/restore in the Admin panel.

BTW it's not obvious from your post whether your original database is located on your laptop?