[875] Picasa Face Import is not working again

rene

Hey Murat, today I reimported a lot of pictures who already have Picasa face tags included.

First I deleted them from the catalog and than I reimported all the files, with these tags. the names havn't been imported.

So I hit "read tags from file" still no names! Eventhoug I have everything correctly configured.

post-1019-0-57786000-1380566638_thumb.png

post-1019-0-08894400-1380566646_thumb.png

post-1019-0-20154200-1380566654_thumb.png

Any thoughts?

Log files via email, since the logs are severall files so I zipped them.

thanks, rene!

Mammut,

there are two ways for picasa to store name tags.

1. in the ini-files

2. in the picture itself

It needs to be stored in the ini-files with Picasa Version 3.8 or older version in order for daminion to read the tags.

I mean it would be great, if Daminion would simply while importing or while rescanning read those picasa tags and than convert them to the people tag. In the end Daminion should have its own face recognition.

@Mammut: right!

@Murat: After the TV-Session the Picasa import seemed to work, but there are still a lot of problems.

1. I rescanned the folder of pictures which is already fully face tagged in Picasa, but nothing happend. So I created a new Catalog, within this catalog 1 face had been imported. after a second run another face (another person) had been imported.

2. After rescanning the whole folder again within the shared catalog no faces where recognized.

Would it be possible to import all the picasa.ini files itself to read all the tags, might be faster?

regards

René!

Hey Murat,

nothing changed in Version [889]. I meanwhile tried it severall times. it imports 1 face and person on a local non shared catalog, but if i perform the same action on a shared catalog no faces and names are imported. I opend daminion as an administrator

regards

René!