How/Where to save Item Tags if not stored in the file?

Uwe

Hello,

there are items in the catalog that don't support EXIF or XMP metadata or don't support all tags that are entered in Daminion. E.g. ZIP, RAR, TXT don't have XMP metadata etc.

The tags of these media formats exist only in the Daminion Database.

Let's assume I have to make a new installation of the OS etc. and I have to create a new shared catalog and can't import the old one.

Is there any way you can recommend to save the tags for items of these media formats to import them in the new database?

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

do you mean this way:

1. "Move to..." from shared catalog to a (new) local catalog. In this case the files remain on its place on the NAS and the tags are copied to the local catalog.

2. delete the old shared catalog etc., new installation etc., create a new shared catalog

3. "Move to..." from local catalog to the new shared catalog

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

yes, using the DB backup restores all and is the fasted way when nothing changed outside the DB e.g. folder structure on the disc.

I was looking for the answer how to solve this problem when I have to plan a full import of all files in a new shared catalog because of hardware changes etc. and there are only a few numbers of mediaformats and items without XMP support.

Regards, Uwe

yes, using the DB backup restores all and is the fasted way when nothing changed outside the DB e.g. folder structure on the disc.

I was looking for the answer how to solve this problem when I have to plan a full import of all files in a new shared catalog because of hardware changes etc. and there are only a few numbers of mediaformats and items without XMP support.

I am afraid this will be possible only after implementing "Export to CSV" feature.