read tags from file for all pictures

rene

Hey Murat,

How can I tell Daminion to "read tags from file" for all pictures in the Database?

And maybe someone can answer that. Some Faces in Picasa have been written into the files directly instead of beeing written in the ini files, how can I force picasa write them in the ini files and remove them from the files itself?

thanks rene

How can I tell Daminion to "read tags from file" for all pictures in the Database?

You need to select files, and then launch Item > "Read Tags from File" command. Please take into account that this action will replace all your database tags from the file metadata.

You can go to the program preferences and change the number of files per page before.

May be the fastest way in your case will be importing your files again into an empty Daminion Server catalog.

And maybe someone can answer that. Some Faces in Picasa have been written into the files directly instead of beeing written in the ini files, how can I force picasa write them in the ini files and remove them from the files itself?

What Picasa version do you use now? You can use ExifTool to remove all picasa faces related info from the files.

You need to select files, and then launch Item > "Read Tags from File" command. Please take into account that this action will replace all your database tags from the file metadata.

You can go to the program preferences and change the number of files per page before.

May be the fastest way in your case will be importing your files again into an empty Daminion Server catalog.

Hey Murat,

deleting the catalog and reimporting all the files takes a long time and since I'm not done with all files by now I though to do that when I'm done tagging everything.

btw. Can I increase the Cache size abouve 2000?

What Picasa version do you use now? You can use ExifTool to remove all picasa faces related info from the files.

I use Picasa 3.8.After downloading Exiftool I realized I only get a command window. So I downloaded the GUI, but how can I let Exif Tool search my whole Disk in order to show me all files with picasa tags and delete them afterwards?

But why? I mean the files have been synct to the files already, so i figure they should be imported right?

If they would all be deleted, would it be possible to just tell Daminion, only import the picasa people tag?

rene