833 Date modified value changed for videos when tagging

exterminador

Hi,

Have the "Preserve file modified date when updating metadata" field checked on Daminion Server's settings, but when tagging video files, it changes the modified date for the file. It works fine for image files, am I missing other setting?

Thanks!

Right, even for Local catalog.

Modified date is updated on .Mov file. (even after "Preserve file modified date when updating metadata" selected and Daminion restarted.)

• 1 month later...

Hi, just bumping up this one to know if I'm getting right the way metadata works for video files.

For some video file types, metadata is written in the file itself? I have the "Add video format support" setting unchecked on Daminion Server's settings, but I still get .xmp files written when updating video's metadata, is that expected when the file format (container) doesn't support XMP metadata?

Thanks!

1. Daminion will try to update XMP of video files no matter whether "Add video format support" option is checked or not. Unfortunately no all video formats support native XMP "injecting" and we totally rely here on the Adobe XMP Toolkit.

2. XMP sidecars will be created for video files only when the "Add video format support" option is checked. Please note that this option should be specified from the Admin Panel for shared catalogs.

The problem with preserving file modified datetime was fixed for media formats other than images.