(826) grant ssl certificate

rene

Please change the LocalSystem user account to another user account.

- Launch the Services window (Administrative Tools > Services)

- Locate the Daminion Server service and right click it to invoke the service Properties window

- Switch to the "Log On As" tab and enter a new user credentials:

2013-06-20_133536.gif

- Restart the Daminion Server

Sorry I missed that PostgreSQL lamp was not fired on your initial screenshot. You should check why PostgreSQL was not started:

- Try to launch PostgreSQL from the Services window

- Then go to the "Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Application" to investigate the problem with PostgreSQl launching

Please change the LocalSystem user account to another user account.

- Launch the Services window (Administrative Tools > Services)

- Locate the Daminion Server service and right click it to invoke the service Properties window

- Switch to the "Log On As" tab and enter a new user credentials:

post-1-0-57315400-1371721046_thumb.gif

- Restart the Daminion Server

I am using version 829, and am having the same problem. I have tried changing the "log on as" as you suggest, and I get the error:

Service cannot be started. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Unauthorized access to folder...

This is a fresh install, and I have verified that the User has full control credentials to the listed folder, and have verified that the user is in the list of "Log on as a service" group in the Local Security Policy.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

post-1638-0-48591600-1371745796_thumb.png

This is a fresh install, and I have verified that the User has full control credentials to the listed folder, and have verified that the user is in the list of "Log on as a service" group in the Local Security Policy.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

This is because of the access rights to this "E:\ServerFolders\Media\Daminion" folder by your Daminion Server service user.

• Does this folder located on a NAS? If yes, could you please tell me the model and OS of your NAS device?
  • Could you please specify a local folder as a temporary location to store your uploaded files?
  • Please also update to Daminion 831 version.

This is because of the access rights to this "E:\ServerFolders\Media\Daminion" folder by your Daminion Server service user.

• Does this folder located on a NAS? If yes, could you please tell me the model and OS of your NAS device?
  • Could you please specify a local folder as a temporary location to store your uploaded files?
  • Please also update to Daminion 831 version.

Thanks. Got it (almost) working. The folder in question is a local folder, but it was shared and it's permissions were messed up. After I updated the program and recreated the folder share using the server dashboard (I'm running Server 2012 Essentials), Daminion Server starts successfully.

However, the "Grant this account access to a SSL Certificate" still does nothing when I click on it. Is this required for the software to work properly, and if so, what steps should I take to fix this, or do this manually?

However, the "Grant this account access to a SSL Certificate" still does nothing when I click on it. Is this required for the software to work properly, and if so, what steps should I take to fix this, or do this manually?

Did you install the 831 version? Displaying this message is a small bug but it will not reflected to the program's functionality.

Just in case please try to connect to your Daminion Server by a Daminion Client. If you can successfully able to do this, then the required SSL certificate was installed on your server PC and all will work fine.

• 2 weeks later...