806 - Daminion Client is not Connecting to Database

rene

Hey folks,

I just installed 806 and ran into a problem.

When I start the Daminion Client Software on the Server or on my Laptop I get the error:

"The connection to the Server is not possible."

I checked and the Daminion Server is running.

What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to switch back to the older Version?

thanks rene!

Hello Murat,

I'm sorry forgot to install the new Software. The older versions told me, that the databse is running a new version and if i want to install the new one.

it's working now. the Users as well.

Where can I find the possibility to import the Picasa Faces?

thanks rene

I'm sorry forgot to install the new Software. The older versions told me, that the databse is running a new version and if i want to install the new one.

it's working now. the Users as well.

Where can I find the possibility to import the Picasa Faces?

An ability to import Picasa faces was available in the Daminion 806 version and was disabled in the latest one. Unfortunately Picasa team had changed a way of storing information about faces in the latest Picasa 3.9 version. So our Face Importing option works for Picasa 3.8 or lower versions only.

The latest Picasa version stores part of the face information inside the files with closed format. It's also possible to facilitated an experimental feature in the Picasa that allows to store Faces inside the XMP block as face rectangles. But this will require extra steps after each face assignment, and this might implemented not early than in the Daminion 1.2 version.

We can enable this feature again but it will work with Picasa 3.8 only (if I remember the number of the version when they had changed their algorithm).

An ability to import Picasa faces was available in the Daminion 806 version and was disabled in the latest one. Unfortunately Picasa team had changed a way of storing information about faces in the latest Picasa 3.9 version. So our Face Importing option works for Picasa 3.8 or lower versions only.

The latest Picasa version stores part of the face information inside the files with closed format. It's also possible to facilitated an experimental feature in the Picasa that allows to store Faces inside the XMP block as face rectangles. But this will require extra steps after each face assignment, and this might implemented not early than in the Daminion 1.2 version.

We can enable this feature again but it will work with Picasa 3.8 only (if I remember the number of the version when they had changed their algorithm).

Yes please enable that.

There is a feature missing. I think I said something about that earler already, but anyway.

It would be great if you could upgrade the People tag. I want to be able to mark the faces on pictures. Let's take a group picture. only the name doens't realy do it, therefore I need the possibility to mark the face with the mouse or at least make a click on that face. So Daminion can tell me, who is who on the pictre.

thank rene