multiple network catalogs, how to?

rene

With current Daminion version only one shared catalog can be created per one Daminion Server. We are collecting votes for this feature.

Why do you need this feature?

Ok!

I need it, because I want to have differnet catalogs for different media types.

One for Videos, one for ebook, one for music and one for pictures. After importing everything in one database the ebooks I realised, that all the ebooks have so many strange tags (Keywords and categories) and that all of them are going to be imported into the tag trees. That is very unpleasent.

Or can you tell me how to delete all the tags at once?

I asked here

I would than create a local catalog and insert them all. afterwords I would delete all the tags and asign the ones I want. Than I could implement them in one network catalog.

Thanks!

Two more things.

1. I need the ability to include longtitude and latitude information into tif and raw (cr2) files.

2. After you'll release it, I'll probably ask this anyway, so I do it here. The "Face Recognition" (Pacasa import) in RC2. It should be possible mark a face on the picture in order to mark this to the name.

If you e.g. have a group picture it would be usefull to know, who is who. As an example, take Facebook. You can mark a face there and enter a name, this should be possible. All ne pictures will be processed in Daminion.

I hope it is understandable.

Thanks!

René!

1. I need the ability to include longtitude and latitude information into tif and raw (cr2) files.

Added to the feature list (#2647).

2. After you'll release it, I'll probably ask this anyway, so I do it here. The "Face Recognition" (Pacasa import) in RC2. It should be possible mark a face on the picture in order to mark this to the name.

If you e.g. have a group picture it would be usefull to know, who is who. As an example, take Facebook. You can mark a face there and enter a name, this should be possible. All ne pictures will be processed in Daminion.

I hope it is understandable.

Did you see the Picasa Faces in action (don't remember whether I've sent you the 789 build)? It just imports peoples form the Picasa, without marking the face location. Added this option to the feature queue (#2648)

Added to the feature list (#2647).

Did you see the Picasa Faces in action (don't remember whether I've sent you the 789 build)? It just imports peoples form the Picasa, without marking the face location. Added this option to the feature queue (#2648)

Thanks. I didn't see the Picasa feature in action.

How long will it approxematly take until this feature is been done? I'm currently digitizing the old pictures of our family, and as long as there are old reletives still alive I want them to tell me who that is, so the face location would be very usefull.

Thanks. I didn't see the Picasa feature in action.

How long will it approxematly take until this feature is been done?

This is already implemented in the 789 build. But it contains a few new but raw features that are not completely tested so I suggest you to wait till tomorrow or Friday and check out the more stable RC2 version.

This is already implemented in the 789 build. But it contains a few new but raw features that are not completely tested so I suggest you to wait till tomorrow or Friday and check out the more stable RC2 version.

ok, I'll wait for RC2! Can't wait to see it working.