Thumbnails are missing

rene

Hey folks,

just realised a small problem.

The thumbnails are missing. On the Servers Client Software there are missing other thumbnails than on the remote client machine. I thought the thumbnails are created on the server and than be transfered to the client machine in order to view them there instead of big files.

Whats going wrong there?

Thanks

Rene

The thumbnails are missing. On the Servers Client Software there are missing other thumbnails than on the remote client machine. I thought the thumbnails are created on the server and than be transfered to the client machine in order to view them there instead of big files.

Whats going wrong there?

Did you try to launch Refresh Thumbnail command? Do the files with missed thumbnails are existed and available?

A screenshot explaining the issue would be helpful.

Did you try to launch Refresh Thumbnail command? Do the files with missed thumbnails are existed and available?

A screenshot explaining the issue would be helpful.

Yeah I clicked on "refresh thumbnails". After that they are working. But shouldn't the thumbnails be available all time?

All the files are available! So the thumbnais should be present, right?

Yes. But the offline thumbnails might appear if for some reason the files became unavailable and the thumbnails for these files weren't be generated yet.

Yes. But the offline thumbnails might appear if for some reason the files became unavailable and the thumbnails for these files weren't be generated yet.

ok but all files are online. so lets see for the next release

should i load daminion client software on my server and generate new thumbnails for all files, in order to have them all in the network

should i load daminion client software on my server and generate new thumbnails for all files, in order to have them all in the network?

No. The thumbnails are stored in the ~Thumbs folder of the same folder where your local catalog is located. How many missed thumbnails do you see in your catalog? If this amount is not large you can select the files with missed thumbnails and invoke the "Item > Rebuild Thumbnail" command.