After importing 2078 files only 1659 are in Daminion

rene

Hey folks,

just ran into a problem. I setup a completly new database and started to import files with daminion (without copying them. In the structure of folders in Windows are: 2078 files in 57 folders. After Daminion was finished there where only 1659 files in 57 folders.

What is the problem? I have the most current Version installed.

Will send you Server Logs later today. I'm setting up the database for my parents, and they aren't amused about all the trouble with the software?

When will you release the stable Version?

thanks winam!

Could you please:

1. Open that catalog again

2. Press the "Add Files" button

3. Locate a few images which are missed in the catalog after previous import session

4. Try to import them

5. Tell me about the result

Ok, it worked now! So I guess that where just too much of files.

Thank you!

I realy need this Picasa Faces Import Feature and "longtitude and latitude" entries for raws (cr2) and it would be great if the daminion software would search the files and see, that some other pictures are showing exactly the same thing and than copy the tags to that picutures or at least show me the pictures so i can do it myself.

And a seperate part of the forum for feature reguest would be great.

Or maybe like this:

Daminion-Forums-Digital Media Management-Daminon Server-Feature Request.

thanks winam

How can I change my username here in the forum?

I realy need this Picasa Faces Import Feature

This feature is already implemented and will be available soon (after 10 may 2013)

It would be great if the daminion software would search the files and see, that some other pictures are showing exactly the same thing and than copy the tags to that picutures or at least show me the pictures so i can do it myself.

A screenshot that could explains your idea will be helpful.

How can I change my username here in the forum?

Please send me a new user name by private message.

This feature is already implemented and will be available soon (after 10 may 2013)

I know, 1.0 RC2! One more thing, could you implement a feature in this one? I mean, in picasa, you can realy set a face, not just a picture. Like on Facebook you can mark a picture with a name.

In Daminion it could look like this:

- You mark a name, and this person will be pointed to on the picture. I mean If you have a group picture, you need to clearly identify who is who.

A screenshot that could explains your idea will be helpful.

Yeah I mean, If I take HDR pictures, I have at least 3 pictures with a different exposure of the exact same motiv. It would be great if Daminion would say, ok, this one is the same like this, already tagged, one. have no idea on how to show you that on a screenshot.

A second idea could be, that if I take a panoramic picture, it would be great if daminon could find a connection between these pictures.

Please send me a new user name by private message.

done!

Two more things though.

I need the possibility to add Longtitude and Latitude to Cr2 (RAW) and to tif and tiff files. I can't enter them there.

thanks rene