Starting Daminion DB!

Tiberius

Hello Everybody,

After importing some 60.000 assets the DB gets slowly. One problem I have right now is:

when I start for the first time the programm the initialisation routine has no end even after 10 minutes, but if I stop it after 10 seconds and re-start again I get everything working within seconds.

Could you please be so kind and help me with this configuration/bug issue?

Thanks in advance! - Tiberius

Local or Server catalog?

What do you mean by "initialization routine"? Please share a screenshot, if possible.

Hello Murat,

It´s the message "Loading Catalog" which will last for ever, without loading anything, when I make the first attempt to start the programm.

Yours - Tiberius

Does it possible to give me a remote access to your computer via TeamViewer?

If not, please launch Daminion using the -log_enable parameter, press Ctrl + F12, try to load the catalog again. And if the "Loading..." message will freeze again please send me the "1.0\Logs" folder in the appeared window.

Does it possible to give me a remote access to your computer via TeamViewer?

If not, please launch Daminion using the -log_enable parameter, press Ctrl + F12, try to load the catalog again. And if the "Loading..." message will freeze again please send me the "1.0\Logs" folder in the appeared window.

Just tell me how exactly to setup the log_enable parameter please?

Hi Tiberius,

I suggest to have the logging permanently on. Some errors appear randomly and can't be reproduced. Therefore it may help to write the log information all the time.

Even Daminion improved the quality in the past we also got new functionality that should be tested. Please don't forget: it's still a beta release and your help is welcome to improve the quality of the product.

How to do it?

I guess the Daminion icon is on your Desktop. Please mark it and by right mouse click go to Properties. There you should see this window - sorry it's in German but should not to be a problem for you:

Daminion_log_enable.JPG

Please add the -log_enable as you can see in the screenshot and confirm your modification. Maybe you will be asked to do it with Administrator rights or the User control asks to confirm this step.

Now you should start Daminion and continue as suggested by Murat.

Please don't hesitate to ask for help maybe by TeamViewer.

Regards, Uwe

Hello Everybody,

After importing some 60.000 assets the DB gets slowly. One problem I have right now is:

when I start for the first time the programm the initialisation routine has no end even after 10 minutes, but if I stop it after 10 seconds and re-start again I get everything working within seconds.

Hi Tiberius,

sometimes I encountered a similiar problem when catalogue opening result in a Timeout error. This happened to me today once more. I am storing all my images on NAS devices - so they are accessible via the network. I am using a local stored db.

When starting Damininion and opening a catalogue I noticed some load on the network, so Daminion will probably fetch some Data over the network. This seems to stuck sometimes. So I switched the network connection off to my image devices, reopened the Daminion catalogue (which was done very quickly) and then reestablished the network connection.

HTH

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Do the logs persist forever?

Perhaps some of the users that really push Daminion could do as Uwe suggested and save their logs for a few weeks and then send them to Murat and his team?

If that'd be helpful, please let me know. I can do it.

If they don't persist, I think I have a solution (automated!) for that too... Let me know.

Set mine to record logs now. (While beta, maybe this should be on by default? - even better if at install it offers to turn this on and send the logs to Daminion every once in a while?)

Russell