Daminion Server Stops During ReScan

Mardon

Whenever I do a Rescan Folders (F6) on a folder hierarchy that contains several thousand files not in the database, the Daminion Server stops working and I get an error like this:

http://www.justus.ca/misc/ReScanErrorServerLost.jpg

At that point I have to exit the Daminion client and restart the server. I can then launch the Daminion client and reload the shared database again. In the example shown at the abouve URL, you can see that there were 234768 files in the database before the Rescan Folders. After I restarted the server and reconnected, there were 238432 files in the database. It appears that Daminion added 3664 files before the server stopped. That's typical of all the other times the server has stopped. I have never been able to successfully complete a "Rescan Folders" when more than a few thousand files had to be added.

The server has never stopped when I do a Rescan Folders that doesn't require adding a large number of files to the database.

--------------

Daminion 0.9.9 (build 721) Server and Client

CPU i7 Hex Core 3.2 GHz, 250GB SSD for OS, 2x2TB RAID0 (1TB Caviar Blacks), 1x2TB Caviar Black, 8TB multiple external HDs, GTX680 with 3 displays 2x1920/1200 NEC Multisync and 1x1920x1080 (1080p), Win7Pro SP1 x64

Just out of curiosity, have you tried exiting and restarting the client without doing anything to the server? The reason I ask is that one time I got a similar error in a similar situation and it turned out that the server was still running fine, but there had apparently been a timeout due to a long-running operation. This apparent timeout upset the client, but restarting the client alone solved the problem in my case.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried exiting and restarting the client without doing anything to the server? The reason I ask is that one time I got a similar error in a similar situation and it turned out that the server was still running fine, but there had apparently been a timeout due to a long-running operation. This apparent timeout upset the client, but restarting the client alone solved the problem in my case.

Hi Randell,

Yes, I did try relaunching the client without restarting the server but the client couldn't connect with the shared database since the sever was not running.

In my case the server stops. That's clear not only because of the test you suggested but also because after I close the client and go into the Daminion Server Admin the server is shown as stopped. I have to manually restart it.

I have now done the Rescan Folders several times on the same folder structure. Here is a list of the size of the database at the times the server stopped:

Once the error appears again please launch Daminion Server Administration, go to the Help > Show logs and please send me the folder with logs.

The "Rescan Folders" that I just ran took the database from 299488 files to 307884 files before the Daminion server stopped. The SQL server never stops.

The Daminion Server log folder in *.zipx format is available at this URL as you requested:

http://www.justphoto...erver_Logs.zipx

I tried to attach the file to this post but the Forum's web interface wouldn't let me attach a zipx file.

Thanks for the log files. Daminion was unable (for some reasons) to render some images, that are located on the Z: drive. Just in case I've requested a few of the for analyzing (see a private message with direct links).

Does the Z: drive is a NAS drive? The problem might be due to a connection problems with with remote files.

Another request:

- Could you please restart the Server

- Please try to rescan this folder:

Z:\Group 1\Genealogy\Versailles Related\Pending\

Thanks for the log files. Daminion is unable for some reasons render some images, that are located on the Z: drive. Just in case I've requested a few of the for analyzing (see a private message with direct links).

Does the Z: drive is a NAS drive? The problem might be due to a connection problems with with remote files.

Another request:

- Could you please restart the Server

- Please try to rescan this folder:

Z:\Group 1\Genealogy\Versailles Related\Pending\

When I rescanned ony the folder Z:\Group 1\Genealogy\Versailles Related\Pending\ as you requested, there was no issue. The rescan completed fine.

The Z: drive was an external WD MyBook USB3.0, not NAS. I copied all the files from the WD MyBook external USB3.0 drive labeled Z: to a new 4TB WD SATA Black drive located in a hard drive dock connected via USB3.0 to the same computer that runs the Daminion and SQL servers. There were no connectivity issues with either drive during the copy process. I labeled the new 4TB drive Z: and started a folder rescan as before. The scan started with 314565 files in the database. The Daminion server stopped with 352612 files in the database.

The server log folder contents are here:

http://www.justphoto..._05Feb2013.zipx

Can you create a test folder with 20k JPEG files and try import them? This allows to exclude the dependence from file format specific issues.

Please check also a new Daminion Server update.

I performed the test you requested.

While using b721, I impoted a folder containing a single jpeg image. I then exited the client and created 25K copies of the image in the folder. I launched the client again and did a Rescan of the folder. It added the 25K jpeg image files without problem. The server never stopped.

I will now to install b726.

BTW, why do you specify RAW files from the "Canon 7D" in the description of the b276 changes? My RAW files are from a Canon 1D Mark IV and a 1D Mark III. Aren't they the same type of files?

BTW, why do you specify RAW files from the "Canon 7D" in the description of the b276 changes? My RAW files are from a Canon 1D Mark IV and a 1D Mark III. Aren't they the same type of files?

Canon cameras write information differently in CR2 files depending from the camera model. And the lens info was incorrectly recognized for EOS 7D cameras. Now with 727 build the same problem fixed for EOS 1D X.